PADI Open Water Diver
This PADI Open Water Diver Course certification level enables you to dive independently (with a buddy) to a maximum depth of 18 metres/60 ft and rent dive equipment anywhere in the world.
PADI Open Water Diver Course. It takes 4/5 days to complete an open water course, which involves some self study, skill development sessions in the swimming pool, and 4 open water dives.
If you have the opportunity it could be a good idea to buy the PADI Open Water manual at home before you come on holiday, read it and complete the knowledge reviews before you come – it doesn’t take too long, and means that you don’t feel like you are working on holiday – just having fun!
The number of students on our certification courses is deliberately limited. Unless by special request, no more than 4 students means that everyone gets plenty of time with the instructor to get comfortable and relaxed with their skills, and plenty of actual diving time on their certification dives.
Take a Scuba Lesson with the PADI Open Water Diver Course
PADI eLearning. Get your PADI scuba certification. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to scuba dive, discover new adventures or simply see the wondrous world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the world’s most popular scuba course, and has introduced millions of people to the adventurous diving lifestyle. Start your scuba certification online.
What You Learn
PADI eLearningThe PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development (online, home study or in a classroom ) to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to review your skills and explore!
If you’ve tried diving through a Discover Scuba Diving experience or resort course, the skills you learned may be credited towards a portion of the full PADI Open Water Diver course certification.
- To enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver course or Junior Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years or older (PADI eLearning requires an extra registration step for students under 13 years due to international internet laws)
- PADI eLearningThe Fun Part
- The fun part about this course is . . . well, just about all of it because learning to dive is incredible. You breathe underwater for the first time (something you’ll never forget) and learn what you need to know to become a certified diver.
- During the course, you’ll make at least five pool dives and four dives at Coral Coast Fiji dive sites under the supervision of your PADI Instructor at Diveaway Fiji.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the PADI Open Water Diver course!
The Scuba Gear You Use
In the PADI Open Water Diver course, you learn to use basic scuba gear including a dive computer, and standard accessories. The equipment you wear will be lightweight and comfortable because you are diving in tropical, South Pacific water
Ask us about the gear you’ll use during this course.
The Learning Materials You Need
PADI eLearning – PADI offers a variety of home-study materials for the Open Water Diver course but eLearning is the most convenient option.
PADI’s Open Water Diver materials – cover what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. For each concept you’ll read a description and watch a video demonstration.
Then you’ll jump in the pool at your hotel to practice these skills with your instructor. Later, as a certified diver, use the course materials as a reference guide for future diving adventures and to review what you learned.
Note: Enroll in the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online for immediate computer-based access to the manual and video integrated into seamless, guided online learning.
To purchase these products, contact us at Diveaway Fiji.
You don’t have to wait to get going. With PADI eLearning and the PADI Open Water Diver Course Online, you can start right now.
The PADI Open Water Diver Course Online lets you learn the background information you need before each dive at your own pace through friendly, interactive learning.